Saturday, August 11, 2007

Geneva

Saturday, August 11, 2007
(Originally posted in Edges)

There is a youth conference in Geneva that I really want to go to. Aside from simply getting away for a bit and getting to go out of the country, it's right up my (currently chosen) ally: Youth and ICT as Agents of Change. External funding, however, looks rather short at the moment. But I'm considering going anyway. I am capable of paying for the whole thing myself, and it won't leave me totally broke. But I'm hoping at least a little aid will come in from somewhere. It'd be nice to know I'm not driving the whole thing.
Unfortunately, the Gathering for Mother Earth is probably going to be that same weekend. I'd feel bad not going though. It's my re-allegiance to the fire and to the spirit. I'm accepted there, and I've carved my niche in a place I love within that crowd, which I also love. It is a powerful... it Is powerful.
But I think I've already made up my mind. I think it was my father who said "There is no such thing as letting Talaya do Anything."

No comments:

 
To Edumacate © 2008. Design by Pocket